CaroMont Cancer Center is accredited by the national organization, American
College of Surgeons – Commission on Cancer (CoC).
For survey year 2008 we received the Three-Year with Commendation accreditation.
This is given to programs, either new or established, that comply with
all standards and receive a commendation rating for one or more standard.
A certificate of accreditation is issued and these programs are surveyed
at a three-year interval from the date of the survey.
This is a voluntary commitment by a cancer program that ensures its patients
will have access to the full scope of services required to diagnose, treat,
rehabilitate, and support patients with cancer and their families. A cancer
program is able to continually evaluate its performance and take proactive
corrective action when necessary. This continuous evaluation reaffirms
the commitment of the program to provide quality cancer care.
For the Patient and Community, the quality standards established by the
CoC for cancer programs ensure:
- Comprehensive care including a complete range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and
- A cancer registry that offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care AND
- Quality care, close to home