Patient Centered Medical Home
A Patient Centered Medical Home is a healthcare setting that values creating
strong partnerships between patients and their doctors and healthcare
providers. It is our way of recognizing that you, the patient, are the
most important person in the healthcare system. This model of care helps
you work with your healthcare team to manage all your medical needs and
coordinate your care.
Benefits of a Medical Home:
- We get to know you. You are at the center of all healthcare decisions.
- We coordinate your care. We work together to make sure you get the best
care possible from all parts of our health system.
- We make access easy. Whether it's scheduling appointments or communicating
with your care team, we are there for you.
- Quality and safety are hallmarks of the medical home.
- Integrates behavioral health coordination based on personal needs.
Your role in the Medical Home team:
Because you and your health are at the center of the medical home, you
will play an active role on your medical home team. Communication with
the team will be very important, you may be asked to provide the following
information so we can provide the best care for you.
- Questions regarding your health
- Healthcare providers you have seen in the past
- Medications you currently take
- Recent test results
- Your complete medical history
Any recent doctor’s appointments and urgent care or emergency room
visits Open and honest communication is important in the medical home.
Please tell your medical home team about any issues you have and if it
is difficult for you to maintain your care plan, if you feel your care
plan isn't working, or if you simply want more information and education
about your health. You and your team will work together to manage your
health the best way possible.
For your first visit:
- Make a list of your health questions
- Make a list of healthcare providers you have visited including names, addresses,
phone numbers and reason for the visit
- Bring all medications
- Bring your insurance card
- If you wish, bring a family member or friend with you
here for the printable version of this information.