To help protect the health of our patients and employees, CaroMont Health
has implemented the following visitor restrictions and screening requirements
for all CaroMont Health facilities, including CaroMont Regional Medical
Center, the Birthplace and CaroMont Medical Group clinics.This adjustment
is in accordance with the latest guidance from health officials and aligns
with visitor requirements in other hospitals in North Carolina.
Mandatory Patient and Visitor Requirements:
Health and Temperature Screening: All individuals entering a CaroMont Health facility are required to answer
health screening questions and have their temperature checked prior to entry.
Masks/Face Coverings: All individuals must wear a mask or face covering when entering, when
inside and when exiting all CaroMont Health facilities.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
- Hospital visitation times will be daily from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Only one designated visitor per patient allowed each day
- Switching visitors during the day will not be allowed; a different visitor
may come the next day
All visitors must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and free from fever or respiratory symptoms
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times when inside the facility; the
mask must cover the mouth and nose
- Undergo a health screening with temperature check upon entry to the facility
- Comply with all guidance related to social distancing and any other signage
or direction from staff
- Remain in the designated areas at all times; they are not permitted to
walk about the hospital
Exceptions to hospital visitation restrictions:
- Visitors are also not allowed for patients who have been diagnosed or being
observed for possible infection with COVID-19.
- Visiting hour restrictions do not apply in maternity settings or emergency
- Surgical patients undergoing an early morning procedure may have one visitor
with them even if arriving before 8 a.m.
- Pediatric patients (age under 18) will be allowed two parents/guardians
any time of day
Patients with the following conditions may be allowed more than one visitor,
as determined by the treating physician and facility leadership:
- End of life circumstances
- Certain communication barriers
- Caregiver/decision making
The Birthplace at CaroMont Health
Obstetric patients going to the hospital may have one partner and one
birth support person accompany them. Visitors will be screened for symptoms
of COVID-19, including a temperature check, and must check in using photo
Where visitation is not possible, family and friends are encouraged to
utilize other forms of communication support for their loved ones, such
as phone calls or video chats on cell phones or other mobile devices.
Please speak with your care team about options for virtual communication.
For the safety of our residents, visitors are not allowed at Courtland Terrace.
CaroMont Medical Group – Physician Offices and Urgent Care Centers
- Only patients are allowed inside physician offices and Urgent Care locations.
- Minors under the age of 18 may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Patients who require assistance may be accompanied by one caregiver or
- All individuals entering a CaroMont Medical Group clinic will be screened
for symptoms of COVID-19 and are required to wear a mask or face covering
for the duration of their visit.
If patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness
of breath) and have been exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed
case of the virus, they are asked to call before visiting any CaroMont
Medical Group office or Urgent Care location.