To help protect the health of our patients and employees, CaroMont Health
has implemented the following visitor restrictions and screening requirements
for all CaroMont Health facilities, including CaroMont Regional Medical
Center, the Birthplace and CaroMont Medical Group clinics. Restrictions
are in accordance with the latest guidance from federal, state and local
health officials and are aimed at helping control the spread of respiratory
illnesses, like Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Mandatory Patient and Visitor Requirements:
Health and Temperature Screening: All individuals entering a CaroMont Health facility are required to answer
health screening questions and have their temperature checked prior to entry.
Masks/Face Coverings: All individuals must wear a mask or face covering when entering, when
inside and when exiting all CaroMont Health facilities.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
No visitors are permitted at CaroMont Regional Medical Center.
In the following circumstances, exceptions to these restrictions may be
permitted to allow one visitor/caregiver per patient for the duration
of their stay:
- Minors under age 18 (parent or guardian)
- Patients entering the Emergency Department (main hospital campus and Mount
Holly emergency center)
- Patients in the intensive care unit (ICU)
- Patients with disruptive behavior, altered mental status, developmental
delays, impaired mobility or impaired memory in which a caregiver is necessary
for care and decision-making
- Patient who have communication requirements (hearing impairment, native
language for which interpretation is not available)
- Patients who need a healthcare decision maker in the room
- Patients undergoing inpatient or outpatient surgeries or procedures that
require sedation or anesthesia
- Patients undergoing oncology-related infusion therapy at CaroMont Cancer Center
- Patients who are at the end-of-life (exceptions at the discretion of clinical
Permitted visitors must check in and will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19
(including a temperature check) before entering the hospital. For the
safety of patients and employees, permitted visitors will be strongly
discouraged from switching off with another individual during the duration
of the patient’s stay.
The Birthplace at CaroMont Health
Obstetric patients going to the hospital may have one partner and one
birth support person accompany them. Visitors will be screened for symptoms
of COVID-19, including a temperature check, and must check in using photo
CaroMont Medical Group
- Only patients are allowed inside physician offices and Urgent Care locations.
- Minors under the age of 18 may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Patients who require assistance may be accompanied by one caregiver or
- All individuals entering a CaroMont Medical Group clinic will be screened
for symptoms of COVID-19 and are required to wear a mask or face covering
for the duration of their visit.
If patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness
of breath) and have been exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed
case of the virus, they are asked to call before visiting any CaroMont
Medical Group office or Urgent Care location.