Our Diabetes Education Team includes certified diabetes educators, registered
dietitians, registered nurses, diabetes nurse educators and other specialists.
Our staff’s mission is to assist each person in achieving optimum
diabetes control. Our highly trained staff uses state-of-the-art diabetes
information and resources to develop an individualized management plan.
Training and Classes
Diabetes Self-Management Training includes the following group and individual classes:
- What diabetes is and how to control it
- How to monitor blood glucose
- Nutrition education and weight management
- Meal planning
- Guidelines for eating on the go
- Role of exercise in diabetes control
- Sick day management
- Prevention, recognition and treatment for diabetes emergencies and complications