To help protect the health of patients and employees, the following visitor
restrictions and screening requirements are in place for all CaroMont
Health Screening: All individuals entering a CaroMont Health facility are required to answer
health screening questions prior to entry.
Masks: All individuals
must wear a mask (cloth or surgical) when entering, when inside and when exiting
all CaroMont Health facilities. Vented masks, bandanas and neck gaiters
are not allowed.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
Hospital Units | Adults Patients Requiring Isolation for COVID-19
- Adult patients with COVID-19 requiring isolation may have one (1) visitor
at a time.
- Visitor must pass mandatory health screening prior to entering hospital.
We also strongly recommend compliance with all personal protective equipment
(PPE) and infection prevention protocols.
To review full guidelines for visiting a patient with COVID-19, please click
All hospital visitors must:
- Not have symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illness.
- Not have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have a pending
- Wear a mask at all times when inside the facility; the mask must cover
the mouth and nose. Vented masks, bandanas and neck gaiters are not allowed.
- Comply with all guidance related to social distancing and any other signage
or direction from staff; remain in designated areas at all times.
Exceptions to hospital visitation restrictions:
Patients with the following conditions may be allowed additional visitors,
as determined by the treating physician and facility leadership:
- End of life circumstances
- Certain communication barriers
- Caregiver/decision making
Where visitation is not possible, family and friends are encouraged to
utilize other forms of communication support for their loved ones, such
as phone calls or video chats on cell phones or other mobile devices.
Please speak with your care team about options for virtual communication.
CaroMont Medical Group – Physician Offices and Urgent Care Centers
- To help ensure adequate physical distances in reception areas and exam
rooms, CaroMont Medical Group physician offices and urgent care centers
encourage patients to limit visitors to only necessary caregivers and
immediate family members.
- All patients and visitors must wear a well-fitting mask (no bandanas, gaiters
or vented masks) at all times when inside physician offices and urgent
If patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed
to someone with a suspected or confirmed case of the virus, they are asked
to call before visiting any CaroMont Medical Group office or Urgent Care location.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center complies with North Carolina’s No
Patient Left Alone Act (NPLAA), which patients can find at
https://www.ncleg.gov/Sessions/2021/Bills/Senate/PDF/S191v5.pdf. Patients and families who believe a violation of the NPLAA has occurred
may reach out to the individuals responsible for investigating NPLAA visitation
CaroMont Regional Medical Center: call 704.834.2694 to speak with a Patient
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services: call 800.662.7030
and ask for the Clinical Administrator
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Region 4: call 404.562.7888
and ask for the Regional Director