CaroMont Health/Gaston Memorial Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center, only one of four Level III Trauma Centers in North Carolina. Our current capabilities include diagnosis, treatment and management of serious traumatic injuries utilizing a multidisciplinary team to care for trauma patients. Our comprehensive approach to management of traumatic injuries extends across the state to provide rapid transfer of patients requiring specialized Burn Center or Level One Trauma Center Care.
Surgical Critical Care
- Specialty-trained, board-certified traumatologists are available around the clock.
- Our Trauma Center NEVER closes and offers emergent stabilization, resuscitation and lifesaving operative intervention for traumatic injuries 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Our multidisciplinary team of experts provides a collaborative approach to the care of our trauma patients.
- 24/7 availability of specialty trained neurosurgeons that manage a multitude of neuro-traumatic injuries.
- Our Neurosurgeons offer highly-skilled, precise diagnostic evaluation and treatment of traumatic neurological injuries utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Our readily available board-certified orthopedic colleagues offer 24/7 expertise in the care and management of orthopedic emergencies.
- OrthoTrauma care extends through the acute phase of injury by ensuring patients receive appropriate rehabilitation and physical therapy to facilitate return to a healthy, active lifestyle post injury.