A 14,000-square-foot area houses 45 treatment rooms, including four critical care rooms. Separate radiologic service and laboratory services are available 24 hours a day. A designated Fast Track area treats non-urgent patients for minor illnesses and injuries. We also participate in the NC RACE program for emergency cardiac care.
The NC RACE project is a statewide system for providing rapid treatment for patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction which is commonly known as a heart attack.
The Emergency Department is directed and staffed by 28 Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians and more than 200 other emergency services employees. Emergency Services cares for more than 100,000 emergency patients per year serving Gastonia and surrounding counties.
Overview of Services
- 24/7 Emergency Care
- 36 ED Exam Rooms, 5 Trauma Rooms , 9 Fast Track Express Care rooms
- Express Care for non-urgent conditions
- 28 Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Level III Trauma Center designation – only one of four in North Carolina
- Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course and Certified Emergency trained Nurses
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation – a National recognition awarded to hospitals for providing excellence in cardiac care related to Heart Failure and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Stroke Program Accreditation – a National recognition awarded to hospitals for providing excellence in care for patients presenting with a Stroke