CaroMont Cancer Center is accredited by the national organization, American College of Surgeons – Commission on Cancer (CoC).
For survey year 2008 we received the Three-Year with Commendation accreditation.
This is given to programs, either new or established, that comply with all standards and receive a commendation rating for one or more standard. A certificate of accreditation is issued and these programs are surveyed at a three-year interval from the date of the survey.
This is a voluntary commitment by a cancer program that ensures its patients will have access to the full scope of services required to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate, and support patients with cancer and their families. A cancer program is able to continually evaluate its performance and take proactive corrective action when necessary. This continuous evaluation reaffirms the commitment of the program to provide quality cancer care.
For the Patient and Community, the quality standards established by the CoC for cancer programs ensure:
- Comprehensive care including a complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and support services
- A cancer registry that offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care AND
- Quality care, close to home