Human Motion Institute
CaroMont Health Human Motion Institute (HMI) is a unique group that offers neuroscience and orthopedic care. The medical professionals at the HMI provide a comprehensive, innovative approach to the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. Our highly trained team of surgeons, nurses, physician assistants, rehabilitation specialists and various medical support personnel work with each patient and their primary care physician to develop a customized treatment plan. Our goal is to return our patients to their optimum level of functionality as quickly and safely as possible. By combining extensive clinical expertise with a compassionate, caring treatment philosophy, we have created a program known for its quality of care.
The HMI Neuroscience team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, neuro-radiologists, nurses and technologists provide expert care and a range of services rivaling much larger metropolitan facilities. In fact, CaroMont Health is among an elite group of four hospitals in the state offering gliasite radiation therapy. This new approach to brain tumor therapy allows patients to receive high-dose radiation in the spot where the brain tumor was removed without damaging surrounding healthy tissue. The advanced surgical and radiology suites also offer deep-brain stimulation, image-guided surgery, and three-dimensional, intra-operative imaging to increase precision.
The HMI Orthopedic group practices evidenced-based orthopedic / spine care, which includes total joint replacement (shoulder, knee, hip), hip fracture care and spine care. And our hip facture program, called Joint CarePlus, provides not only exceptional orthopedic care but also addresses and manages chronic medical conditions in a welcoming treatment environment.
- The HMI Neuroscience Unit is a recognized Primary Stroke Center, receiving certification under The Joint Commission Advanced Certification Program.
- The Joint CarePlus Program has been recognized by the Joint Commission two years in row, receiving the Disease Specific Certification for both total knee and total hip replacement surgeries.
- 2010 – Delta Group National Quality Rating in Neurology Care – highest in state.
- 2009 – Joint Commission Disease Certification in Hip and Knee.
- Premier HQID year six – top quartile in Hip and Knee.
Services Offered at this Location
Location & Directions
2525 Court Drive
Gastonia, NC 28054
Orthopaedics: 704.834.3000 Neurology: 704.834.3120