Emergency and Trauma Services
A 14,000-square-foot area houses 45 treatment rooms, including four critical care rooms. Separate radiologic service and laboratory services are available 24 hours a day. A designated Fast Track area treats non-urgent patients for minor illnesses and injuries. We also participate in the NC RACE program for emergency cardiac care.
The NC RACE project is a statewide system for providing rapid treatment for patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction which is commonly known as a heart attack.
The Emergency Department is directed and staffed by 28 Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians and over 200 other emergency services employees. Emergency Services cares for more than 100,000 emergency patients per year serving Gastonia and surrounding counties.
Overview of Services
- 24/7 Emergency Care
- 36 ED Exam Rooms, 4 Trauma Rooms , 9 Fast Track Express Care rooms
- Express Care for non urgent conditions
- 28 Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians
- working to achieve Level III Trauma Center designation
- Nationally recognized Trauma Surgeons
- Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, and Certified Emergency trained Nurses.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation- a National recognition awarded to hospitals for providing excellence in cardiac care related to Heart Failure and Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Stroke Program Accreditation- a National recognition awarded to hospitals for providing excellence in care for patients presenting with a Stroke.
CaroMont Health/CaroMont Regional Medical Center is seeking Level III state Trauma Center Designation. When designated we will be only one of four Level III Trauma Centers in North Carolina. Our current capabilities include diagnosis, treatment and management of serious traumatic injuries utilizing a multidisciplinary team to care for trauma patients. Our comprehensive approach to management of traumatic injuires extends across the state to provide rapid transfer of patients requiring specialized Burn Center or Level One Trauma Center Care.
- Surgical Critical Care
- Specialty trained board certified traumatologists are available around the clock
- Our Trauma Center NEVER closes and offers emergent stabilization, resuscitation and live saving operative intervention for traumatic injuries 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- Our multidisciplinary team of experts provides a collaborative approach to the care of our trauma patients.
- 24/7 availability of specialty trained neurosurgeons that manage a multitude of neuro-traumatic injuries.
- Our Neurosurgeons offer highly skilled, precise diagnostic evaluation, and treatment of traumatic neurological injuries utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Our readily available board certified orthopedic colleagues offer 24/7 expertise in the care and management of orthopedic emergencies as a result of traumatic injuries.
- OrthoTrauma care extends through the acute phase of injury by ensuring patients receive appropriate rehabilitation and physical therapy to facilitate return to a healthy, active lifestyle post-injury.
About Our Wait Times
If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only. ER wait times represent a three-hour rolling average updated every 30 minutes, and is defined as the time of patient arrival until the time the patient is greeted by a qualified medical professional.
Patients are triaged at arrival and are then seen by a qualified medical professional in priority order based on their presenting complaint and reason for visit.
The ER wait time represents the time it takes to see a qualified medical professional, defined as a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or a Physician Assistant (PA).
National average wait time is one hour, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CaroMont Health and CaroMont Regional Medical Center strive to beat the national average.
Location & Directions
2525 Court Drive
Gastonia, NC 28054