The CaroMont Health Foudation is pleased to make the 2014 Wayne F. Shovelin Scholarship Fund Application available. Click here to access the application.
Wayne F. Shovelin Scholarship Fund
Before retiring in 2009, Wayne F. Shovelin served as CEO at CaroMont Health (previously named Gaston Health Care, Inc.) for 23 years. Through his leadership, Mr. Shovelin created a vigorous policy of sustained capital investments in technological and facility enhancements, as well as a creative and ethical working environment to attract the best talents in the medical and allied health professions to serve the people of this region.
In 2009, Duke and Dot Kimbrell made a generous donation to CaroMont Health Foundation in honor of Wayne F. Shovelin. Their gift was used to create the Wayne F. Shovelin Scholarship Fund, a competitive funding program for exceptional students pursuing degrees in healthcare.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Classification as a current high school senior
- Residency in Gaston County or the child of a CaroMont Health employee
- Scholastic Achievement: GPA of at least 3.5, unweighted
- Interest in pursuing an undergraduate degree in a health care profession
- Demonstration of strong school and community involvement through volunteerism
- Completed application
- Official High School transcript
- Three completed recommendation forms (one of which must be the student’s high school guidance counselor)
CaroMont Health Foundation
Attn: Debbie Windley
RE: Shovelin Scholarship
2525 Court Drive
Gastonia, NC 28054
Application deadline is 5:00 PM on December 1, 2014.
Please contact Debbie Windley at 704.834.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.