Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization
In January 2014, CaroMont was selected to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization (ACO) sponsored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Through the Shared Savings Program, CaroMont works with CMS to provide Medicare beneficiaries with high quality service and care, while reducing the growth in Medicare expenditures through enhanced care coordination.
CaroMont shares resources and information about its participation as a Medicare Shared Savings ACO on this page of our web site.
ACO Name and Location
2525 Court Drive
Gastonia, North Carolina 28054
ACO Primary Contact
Betty J. Herbert
Composition of ACO:
- Partnership between hospitals and ACO professionals
- CaroMont Medical Group INC
- CaroMont South Point LLC
- Ashley Womens CMG LLC
- Gaston Memorial Hospital, Inc. dba CaroMont Regional Medical Center
- CaroMont Health Services, Inc. dba Courtland Terrace
- CaroMont Health Services, Inc. dba CaroMont Specialty Surgery
- Hospice of Gaston County, Inc
CaroMont ACO Governing Body
Dr. Andrew Dyksterhouse, Voting Member and Chair, CaroMont South Point LLC
Dr. Jacqueline Folks, Voting Member, CaroMont Medical Group INC
Dr. Rachel Miller, Voting Member, Ashley Womens CMG LLC
David O’Connor, Voting Member, Gaston Memorial Hospital, Inc. dba CaroMont Regional Medical Center
Kathleen Besson, Voting Member, CaroMont Health Services, Inc. dba Courtland Terrace and CaroMont Health Services, Inc. dba CaroMont Specialty Surgery
Andrea Serra, Voting Member, Hospice of Gaston County, Inc
Mr. Jake Gray, Voting Member, Medicare Beneficiary Representative
CaroMont ACO Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
- Physician Leadership Council – Dr. Jacqueline Folks, Chair
- Quality and Peer Review Committee – Dr. Joseph R. Holman, Chair
- Finance and Operations Committee – Dr. Andrew Dyksterhouse, Chair
- Executive Compliance Committee – Wendy Wright, Director, Corporate Responsibility & Corporate Compliance Officer, Chair
- Patient Safety/Risk Management Steering Committee – Anna Lattimore, RN, BSN, Director Clinical and Patient Affairs, Chair
Aggregate Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
No shared savings have been achieved or losses incurred for reporting at this time.
How Shared Savings Are Distributed
Our two guiding principles are that (1) any shared savings payment will first go to offset the infrastructure of the ACO and (2) any remaining savings by service category will be allocated by provider pool to the ACO Participants according to a methodology that adequately compensates and encourages providers to make appropriate practice pattern changes to improve quality, efficiency and the patient experience.
Where Can I Find More Information About ACOs?
Many common questions about ACOs are answered in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ACO Beneficiary Fact Sheet, Accountable Care Organizations and You: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for People with Medicare.
For more information about ACOs, you can do the following:
- Visit the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- Talk to your doctor
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day/7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048 for questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations