Gaston Hospice is a local, non-profit healthcare organization that cares
for people who have a life-limiting illness that is no longer responding
to curative treatment. Hospice care enables these patients to live at
home as fully as possible. Hospice puts both patient and family at the
center of care planning.
Our Services Include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Assistance with financial and legal issues from a medical social worker
- Emotional and spiritual support from licensed counselors and chaplains
- Certified nursing assistants to help with personal care
- Volunteers to help provide companionship, run errands, etc.
- Respite care when family caregivers need a break
- Medications, equipment and supplies
- Grief support for loved ones
We Provide Our Services:
- In the home
- In the Robin Johnson House
- In the long term care facility
- In the hospital
Gaston Hospice serves any resident of Gaston County and the surrounding
area who has been diagnosed with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Services are provided regardless of diagnosis or ability to pay.